Just over a year has passed since Proteksan Turquoise made superyacht news with three launches in as many months. Now the largest motor yacht to be launched in Turkey is on final sea trials before making her debut on the world’s oceans.
The 72.6 metre Vicky is the latest and to date the largest new build from the Turkish builder in Tuzla and will be ready for delivery at the end of June 2012.
The yacht is expected to make her public debut at the Monaco Yacht Show this September.
The yacht is another stylish collaboration between the talented in-house naval architecture team and H2 Yacht Design in London, and follows directly on from the last launch by this collaboration, the 70.54m Talisman C.
A defining feature of this new yacht is the forward deck, circular helipad. Considering the hull platform and overall size is very similar to Talisman C, the exterior styling could not be more different with the sweeping curves of the glazed upper windows and side balconies echoing the refined upper superstructure design.
Like her predecessor, Vicky has a top speed of 17 knots delivered by twin 2447 BHP Caterpillar’s and a substantial 7000nm range at 12 knots.
- Length overall: 72.6m
- Length waterline: 64.40m
- Draught: 4.100m
- Displacement: 1391 tons
- Gross tonnage: 1760 GT
- Range at 15 knots: 4750 nm
- Range at 12 knots: 7000 nm
- Speed, max: 17 knots
- Speed, cruise: 15 knots
- Speed, economic: 12 knots
- Fuel tanks: 205,000 litres
- Freshwater tanks: 36,176 litres
- Black water tanks: 38,744 litres
- Guest Accommodation: 1 x Master, 2 x VIP, 4 x Guest stateroom
- Crew Accommodation: 1 x Captain, 10 Crew Cabins (18)
- Lloyd’s Register of Shipping; 100 A1 SSC Yacht Mono G6, LMC, UMS
- Flag: Cayman Islands
- Compliancy: MCA Large Commercial Yacht Code (LY2)
- Operation Area: Unrestricted
- Exterior Styling: H2 Yacht Design
- Interior Design: H2 Yacht Design
- Naval Architecture: Proteksan-Turquoise
- Main engines: Caterpillar, 2 x 3516B HD A-Rating
- Power Output: 2 x 2447 bhp
- Diesel generators: Caterpillar, 4 x 200kW C9 DITA
- Emergency generator: GM, 136 kWe
- Stabilisers: Quantum QC2200, Zero-speed 7sqm fins
- Bow Thruster: HRP, Electrical 190 kW
- Windlass and Capstans: DATA, Stainless Steel